Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Site Recommedations From My RSS Feed

Using RSS feeds, I follow several blogs in different categories.  For teaching, I follow several library and technology related sites. If you scroll to the very bottom of this page, I have a list of my favorites not included in this review. 
One of my favorites is ilearntechnology which recommends websites and technological tools for use in the classroom.  I use this site to locate and evaluate websites before I recommend them to teachers in my buildings.  Usually those who post on ilearntechnology have used their recommendations, know what works and what doesn’t plus give suggestions for implementation in the classroom. 
The second one I find useful is Free Technology for Teachers.  This blog also recommends websites, applications, and technology tools for use by teachers.  There are also an assortment of tutorials and ebooks for teachers which provide lots of information on using and teaching with technology. 
One of my favorite blogs, one related to nonfiction books, is the I.N.K blog. I found out about this blog when author Cheryl Harness was speaking at a meeting of the Greater Kansas City Association of School Librarians.  This was about two years ago when the blog was first beginning.  In addition to Cheryl Harness, you can find posts by other published authors like Steve Jenkins, Loren Leedy, and David Schwartz.  I use this blog as a materials selection tool but it also provides information from the authors on the research and writing process plus gives readers a lot of insight into the viewpoints and personality of the contributing authors.  I like to provide my students with some background on how a book develops and this has been a great resource for those lessons. 

I hope you can find something here you can use.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I am now in love with ilearntechnology. This site looks so useful. I know have it bookmarked and I am following the site. Can't wait to reference back to it during the school year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty neat that more than one people are sharing the Free Technology for Teachers blog... I was unaware of it, but am really hooked on it now. Ilearntechnology is also a great source for information for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used the iLearn Technology site before. It provides some awesome tools to use in the classroom. Thanks for bringing it back to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the iLearn Technology site! I had never seen it before and there is a lot of neat things! the tools are helpful and I could use them for school. I also liked your link about authors. I had not thought about following different authors. I love to read and what a great way to see what they might be publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resources you shared here!! I haven't heard/used any of the above!! Great addition to my ever growing collection :)

    ReplyDelete